Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Car as a Metaphor


Anne McHale is a Service Member in Glendive.

I’m a person who enjoys variety in my days, so my position as a service member is a pretty good match.

In a week I’m likely to run between various farms, gardens, schools and the Boys and Girls Club here multiple times. Sometimes I feel like I’m living that riddle about the farmer with the fox, a goose and a bag of beans. In case you're not familiar with this riddle, here’s a like to the Wikipedia article: .

Gardening is a pretty material-intensive activity, especially this time of year. Luckily I have a trusty steed in my sedan which is often filled to the brim with plant starts, bags of compost (and occasionally worm composters), recycled containers, bins of local food, and scattered carrot tops. I imagine if I were to water my floor mats, diverse spilled seeds would bloom into a model of permaculture.



Children’s artwork often decorates this mess and a scattering of receipts for bought materials inevitably take flight each time I cruise with the windows down. I grab for the slips as planting soil swirls around me and settles into a layer over everything. In a past life, I loved how my car smelled when bringing coffee beans home from the store, or pastries. Now I love the days my car smells like warm, rich soil and it’s a good thing, because those days are most days these days.  Maybe producing soil scented air freshener will be my next entrepreneurial pursuit, and wouldn’t the world be a pretty nice place if there was a market for that?

Here is a photo diary of a week in the life of my car. Bloomin’ car mats and soil scented air fresher are in the pre-alpha stage of development. I'll make sure to let you all know when they hit the market. Until then...



        

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post I adore your own content adore the way you identified as much as possible, what you are doing an incredible job most of other people as you as a result of which style of informative information sites offer recognition to be able to all of us related to many things. My partner and i understand a few other exciting sites out of your websites as well as We are a lot engaged using your writing a blog skills, My spouse and i additionally did start to create blogs which type information sites actually support me away. My partner and i currently book marked ones webpage in addition to discussed the sites to be able to the acquaintances not only me nevertheless these like ones blogging and site-building skills, trust people compose additional intriguing weblogs such as this 1 as well as all the best . for ones future weblogs.

    Jimmy Wilson from Resident Evil 6 Leon Jacket

    ReplyDelete